Healthy Low Fat Crock Pot Recipes for Diet & Weight Loss
When it's time to watch what you eat, low fat crock pot recipes for diet and weight loss is the healthy way to go. Nutritious and good for your body, preparing low carb's, low calorie and low fat recipes in your slow cooker is a wise way to dine.
If health is a concern when cooking and you are counting calories. It is time to change what you put on the menu. Keeping the bad foods out and bringing the good in, you will be increasing your quality of life. Try cooking these low fat slow cooker recipes for the Crockpot:
Low Fat Asparagus Casserole
- 2 hard boiled egg whites, sliced (pre-cooked)
- 1 can low fat cream of celery soup
- 2 cups sliced asparagus
- 1 teaspoon light butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed whole wheat crackers
Place asparagus into crockpot and add sliced eggs. Then add soup and cheese. Finally add cracker crumbs.
Cook for 4-6 hours on low
Low-Fat Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 chicken breast, boneless skinless
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cup carrots, cut into small chunks
- 3 stalks celery, cut into small chunks
- 2 cups onions, diced (optional)
- 24 ounces of water (3 soup cans worth)
- dried parsley to taste, crushed
- salt to taste
- 8 oz. "no yolk" light noodles
Place vegetables and chicken into crockpot. Then add water, broth and other ingredients. Cook for 8 hours on low.
Remove chicken and vegetables and add noodles. Cook noodles on high for 15 minutes. Shred chicken while noodles are cooking.
Place the chicken and veggies back into slow cooker with the noodles for another 5-15 minutes or until noodles are fully cooked.
Serves 10 people.
Making a decision to cook healthy low fat crock pot recipes for diet and weight loss is a step closer to a longer life. Combining your meals with fresh ingredients and modest portions while keeping an eye on fat intake is a smart way to cook. The next time you prepare a meal, try lowering the amount of fat that goes into it. When done in a crockpot, it will keep the flavor alive and make your low fat crockpot recipes taste great.