Truly The Best Crock Pot Chili Recipe for Slow Cookers
Making a statement like "the best crock pot chili recipe" for slow cookers can seem rather spicy. However, once you make it your own, we're sure you'll agree.
Crockpot Chili is a dish that comes in many forms. Several ingredients fuse together to create this masterpiece. The beautiful thing about chili recipes are that they can be changed to your personal taste. Add extra vegetables for a fuller and thicker batch. You can also had some extra spice for those who like it hot.
Home Style Slow Cooked Chili
- 2 -3 pounds of ground chuck (or extra lean ground beef)
- 2 cans (16 oz.) red kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans tomatoes, drained
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 can mushrooms, drained
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-3 table spoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon. black pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste (optional)
First brown ground chuck in non-stick pan and drain fat. Then place in crockpot.
Place all other ingredients into slow cooker.
Cook for 10-12 hours on low.
Serves approximately 10-12 bowls of chili.
- Try preparing crock pot turkey chili for your next meal
Did you know that people all around the world hold contests for the best crock pot chili recipe. It's true! People are crazy over chili and will stop at nothing to perfect their recipes. The folks over at The International Chili Society are a perfect example of how serious they take their slow cooker chili recipes.